April 23, 2013 - A big congratulation goes out to the Duquesne team that placed 3rd overall for the Aspen Institutes’ Business & Society International MBA Case Competition! Atalie Hayes, Gregg Gorse, Matt Ebberts, and Andrew Minnotte placed first in the internal round of competition at Duquesne and then had their work submitted to the overall competition. They were [...] More »
Seal of Approval
Accredited by AACSB International, Duquesne's MBA Sustainability curriculum has scored high rankings from the Aspen Institute and others for its fully integrated design.
Duquesne's MBA Sustainability degree builds on a solid foundation of core coursework in business fundamentals: accounting, finance, marketing, operations, information technology, and economics.
What's different is the depth of knowledge—the "integrated sustainability" content delivered across required and elective courses.
Designed from the ground up, the MBA Sustainability curriculum goes far beyond comparable programs, adding co-curricular experience and training to further enhance classroom learning.
Your immersion, and the return on your investment, begins at orientation. Our goal is to make the whole of Duquesne's destination quality MBA Sustainability experience far greater than the sum of its integrated parts.
- Lively, experiential learning activities
- Teambuilding and project management skills
- Early exploration of professional goals, interests and strengths
Theories, Models & Tools
Fall semester examines how proven business models apply to managing financial, human and environmental resources in a global, dynamic economy.
- Theory and practice merged via practical projects
- Applied Ethics: bedrock for future ethical decision-making
- Value Chain & Operations Strategy: core course in cross-disciplinary integration in sustainability
- Consulting project kick-off with corporate, not-for-profit or government client
Spring semester focuses on best practices in systems and processes, while continuing the integrative approach to learning.
- Emphasis on challenges organizations face in uncertain markets
- Public affairs and organizational behavior issues
- Consulting project with corporate, not-for-profit or government client (continued)
Leading Strategic Change
Summer semester calls upon MBA Sustainability students to integrate techniques and tools for leading systemic change.
- Emphasis on role of strategic, ethical and multi-disciplined leadership
- Global Economic Systems; Strategy for Sustainable Enterprise; Leading Change for Sustainable Enterprise
- Capstone experience: strategic marketing + strategic change management practicum
World Resources Institute
The World Resources Institute (WRI) is an environmental think tank that goes beyond research to find practical ways to protect the Earth and improve people's lives.
More Resources »
Nagaraj "Naga" Sivasubramaniam, Ph.D.
Nagaraj "Naga" Sivasubramaniam teaches and conducts research on leadership and strategic management, and the organizational impacts of individual and team leadership, advanced information technologies and innovations.
- Ready to Make a Difference?
- Join a select group of MBA graduates ready to lead a sustainable future.
Accepting applications for Fall 2013.
Learn more about applying
or contact us.
- Global Study Trips
- Spring 2013 – Germany & Luxembourg
Summer 2013 – India
Learn more about our international experiences »