December 09, 2013 - On Friday, Mr. Jack Ouelette, CEO of American Textile, joined our cohort.† He is also a graduate of West Pont and a former military officer who worked his way to CEO of a multinational textile company after earning his MBA at Duquesne University. Mr. Ouelette showed his generosity by choosing to share his valuable time […] More »
The Value of Your Degree
MBA candidates recognize that a background in sustainability prepares them to work for the world's most progressive corporations, and positions them for faster advancement and more interesting assignments.
Corporations have articulated what they, in turn, expect from an MBA: nimble, multidimensional management track candidates equipped to manage complexity, uncertainty and change.
DUQUESNE MBA SUSTAINABILITY SHARPENS YOUR ABILITY TO:
- Apply systems thinking
- Evaluate risk
- Challenge longstanding paradigms
- Find novel approaches/partners to source and scale solutions
Duquesne MBA Sustainability instills the raw analytical horsepower needed to keep pace with today‚Äôs rapid business decisions and cycles. At the same time, we train you to identify and consider the larger political, cultural, environmental, and social forces at work.
This mindset, a combination of systems thinking, operational efficiency, organizational change and break-though innovation, finds application in any sector or area of business: energy, finance, technology, transportation, manufacturing, etc.
DUQUESNE MBA SUSTAINABILITY SKILLS CHECKLIST
- Fine-tune supply chains
- Anticipate human and natural resource needs
- Deploy and manage cross-functional teams
- Leverage data and technology for greater eco-efficiency
- Lead new product development
- Mobilize capital and financial markets to stimulate sustainable investment
- Make a business case for ethical and principles-based change
- Bring innovation to market
UK-based GoodCorporation, founded in 2000 by a group of former partners and directors of KPMG Consulting, created the GoodCorporation Standard in co-operation with the Institute of Business Ethics. Similar to a voluntary accreditation process, the corporate certification system measures 62 sustainable management practices.
More Resources »
Virginia Gerde, PhD
Business Ethics, Organizational Ethics, Information Ethics
Virginia Gerde teaches and conducts research on ethics, environmental issues, corporate performance and organization theory.
- Ready to Make a Difference?
- Join a select group of MBA graduates ready to lead a sustainable future.
Accepting applications for Fall 2014.
Learn more about applying
or contact us.
- Global Study Trips
- Spring 2013 – Germany & Luxembourg
Summer 2013 – India
Learn more about our international experiences »